Confluence 2.2 - README
Thank you for downloading Confluence 2.2 - Standalone distribution.
This distribution comes with a built-in Tomcat 5.5.15 web server
and hsql database, so it runs (almost) out the box.
- Download and install the Java Development Kit (JDK) from
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html. You want the J2SE SDK version.
- Set the JAVA_HOME variable to where you installed Java. (Full instructions here)
- Edit confluence\WEB-INF\classes\confluence-init.properties and set the confluence.home property to
a directory of your choice.
This directory is where Confluence will store it's configuration information, indexes and attachments.
- Run bin/startup.sh (*nix) or bin\startup.bat (Windows). Check that
there are no errors on the console. See below for troubleshooting advice.
- Point your browser at http://localhost:8080. You should see the Confluence Setup Wizard.
A common startup problem is when another program has claimed port 8080,
which Confluence is configured to run on by default. To avoid this port
conflict, Confluence's port can be changed in conf/server.xml.
If you encounter any errors, please visit our online documentation at http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/8hIC or report
them to Atlassian directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for using Confluence!
- The Atlassian Team